Stretching for 2,350 miles, from Minnesota’s Lake Itasca to the Gulf of Mexico, Viking’s new cruises on the “Mighty Mississippi” offer a different type of cross-country journey for the curious explorer–one that allows you to be immersed in American history and culture.
Highlights of the Mississippi River (sailing in 2022)
A Mississippi River cruise offers the rare opportunity to sail through America’s heartland. Explore picturesque towns and boom cities; take in views of pastoral farms and towering bluffs; and immerse yourself in region’s rich history and culture.
Here are a few highlights Viking reveals to you:
- New Orleans’s festive French Quarter and Creole cuisine
- Cajun heritage in Baton Rouge
- Vicksburg National Military Park
- BBQ and Delta blues in Memphis
- Mark Twain’s boyhood home
- Working family farm visit in Iowa
- Birdwatching along the “Mississippi Flyway”
- St. Louis’s Gateway Arch and pioneering spririt
- Norwegian cultural experience at Vesterheim
- Intricate locks and dams of the Upper Mississippi
CruiseCompete travel agents can provide details/terms and about deals, availability, dates and restrictions – plus any other current deals – at https://www.cruisecompete.com/
CruiseCompete also offers shore excursions https://www.cruisecompete.com/shore_excursions/
Check out All Things Cruise, our ultimate source for cruise lovers ~ https://allthingscruise.com/
We reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions. Thank you.