Cruise Compete Super Specials Hand-Picked for You
7 Reasons Why Cuba is A Memorable Destination
Cruise Compete Super Specials
Where in the world do you want to go? Let us help find your next destination- Our Super Specials are the best deals on the web, hand-picked by cruise experts.
Bullfights & the Barrier Reefs: Unforgettable Memories
Never End for Circumnavigational Travelers
World Cruise Venues Offer Unheard-Of Experiences
For Even the Most Seasoned Travelers
Data shows that world cruises are one of the top 10 voyages requested on CruiseCompete. More and more sailing are being added to the ultimate voyage, a world cruise.
These extended voyages offer a genuine immersion in the regions they visit, and feature unique cultural heritage, cuisine, customs and language generally only seen (and appreciated) by a select few. Not to mention, taking one away for the cold winters many regions experience January to April.
While there is still time to book a World Cruise for 2019 (many categories are sold out), the window of opportunity is closing as cabins usually fill by summer for the next year’s voyages. Now is the time to book a World Cruise!
Epic Empires on a Crystal Cruises- an Ultra- Luxury Line
Crystal Serenity is consistently awarded the highest accolades by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler, among others. Take in the history of our earth on a 105-night voyage in ultimate luxury. Sails January 6, 2020- Rates from $43,274pp.
Get more details and learn about this ultra- luxury experience here.
Around the World in 180 Days, On Oceania Cruises
Oceania offers a country club casual experience for the affluent, well-traveled adult. This sophisticated, destination-rich world cruise experience is one not to be missed. Sails January 8, 2020- Rates from $38,499pp.
Get more information and see the details for Oceania’s epic circumnavigation.
The Ultimate World Cruise
Viking Ocean offers one of the most comprehensive World Cruises to date, encompassing 244 nights and an itinerary that truly crisscrosses the globe. Sails August 31, 2019- Rates from: $92,990.
Get more details and see the unbelievable itinerary here.
Click here for a roundup of all the World Cruises planned through 2020. For more information on these cruises, please click here):
7 Reasons Why Cuba is A Memorable Destination
1. It’s Not What You Expect. If your image of Cuba includes massive pictures of Fidel Castro and Che Guevara on every corner, and a cowed citizenry surrounded by soldiers, you’re in for a pleasant surprise. Soldiers and police are very sparse and, while you can find pictures of Fidel displayed, they’re far from ubiquitous. Cuba is all about surprises, large and small. The strange logic of communism may mean your waiter has a Ph.D. in engineering and the 1952 Plymouth with the Hyundai diesel engine (that’s your taxi) cost the owner $55,000.
2. Cool Vintage Classic Cars. You don’t have to be a car enthusiast or know a Ford Fairlane from a Chevy Nova to enjoy seeing hundreds of shiny, beautifully restored hunks of 50’s Detroit metal. For about $35 an hour, you and three friends can ride in a classic convertible for a top-down tour of Havana with a knowledgeable guide.
3. Mecca of the World for Cigars and Rum. Cuba is of course the holy land for cigars. Tour a cigar factory and learn about a process developed over centuries and buy some to bring home. (Yes, you legally can bring home up to 100 cigars up to $800 in value of your favorite Cohibas and Romeo Y Julietas per person traveling.) You can also sample some of the Caribbean’s best rum, produced by the sugar cane that is cultivated all over the island. Bottles start at about $5.
4. Meet the People. You’ll find very few true-believers in the communist revolution–just some highly educated, very open, friendly people resigned to their government’s actions and trying to get by day-to-day.
5. Old Havana. Cruise ships dock right downtown in old Havana. You’ll be a short walk from gorgeous colonial architecture, plazas, parks and towering forts. You’ll also find great bars, (like the Hemingway haunt and birthplace of the Daiquiri, the Floridita) as well as a myriad of shops and restaurants. The $10 fresh lobster tails are highly recommended.
6. Great Music. Live music is everywhere. Wherever you turn, there seems to be another trio of three old men, dressed alike in either all white or all black, who have been honing their craft seemingly since birth. (Yes, they’ll play Guantanamera if you tip them.) You can also find larger bands with as many as a dozen pieces including some amazing horn sections, blasting out salsa and other native rhythms.
7. Gangster History. Before there was Castro, there was Meyer Lansky and Lucky Luciano. Walk in their footsteps at the beautiful Hotel Nacional- and while you’re there, have a cigar and a mojito.
Many of the cruise lines offer itineraries to Cuba, and they range from a trip that’s short and sweet to one that is a true cruise vacation event. Visit CruiseCompete’s Cuba Cruise Specials to see all available itineraries.
ALL NEW! AllThingsCruise.com Restaurant Feature
1. Become a reviewer – Share your wisdom about your own dining experiences on a cruise by leaving a review to help guide future passengers. Our intuitive format makes it quick and easy.
2. Read restaurant reviews – Search by cruise line to get the scoop on restaurants from fellow passengers.
3. Know before you go – Use the AllThingsCruise.com downloadable database, updated regularly, to search ship restaurants by Cruise Line, Restaurant Name, Type of Cuisine, Price and even Type of Ship. This handy tool helps with decision-making before and during a cruise.
4. Learn from others – Read articles by travel journalists, getting a first-person glimpse into a wide variety of cruise experiences. Expert tips help passengers make the most of their upcoming journeys.
5. Download the cruise line restaurant list – Get a listing of all the restaurants, on all the cruise lines, for a comprehensive overview of what you can expect from cruise line fare.
(Please bear with us, this feature is in beta testing. We would love to hear your impressions- please email Heidi@allthingscruise.com with your thoughts.)
CruiseCompete member-agents are the most well-educated, forward-thinking and trusted cruise specialists in the industry. If you’d like more information or assistance planning a future cruise, please visit https://www.cruisecompete.com/login_user.php.
To see consumer feedback click here.
Looking for past Currents Newsletters? Just click here for more.
We are interested and truly welcome and encourage feedback about our Currents newsletter. Please email any comments or suggestions to Heidi Allison,
Executive VP & Group Publisher, at Heidi@AllThingsCruise.com.
Photos by iStock, Viking Cruises