https://blog.cruisecompete.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Whales.jpg 683 1024 Renee Goyeneche https://blog.cruisecompete.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/cc-logo2.png Renee Goyeneche2018-03-31 20:52:432018-03-31 20:52:43Much more than whale watching—exploring LINDBLAD expedition-style
Much more than whale watching—exploring LINDBLAD expedition-style
Unique, immersive style of travel:
Each year California gray whales pause during their migrations to birth and nurse their calves in the Bahía Magdalena lagoons. For most travelers, the only opportunity to observe the mothers and calves is to bus across the peninsula for a day trip. Fortunately, our ships, the 62-guest National Geographic Sea Bird and Sea Lion, have exclusive permission to drop anchor and spend ample time inside the bay. Your ship becomes your mobile base camp, as you live for three whole days among these gentle giants, making daily Zodiac forays for up-close observations, before heading out on an itinerary that features these opportunities:
- See California gray whales up close
- Spend three days at Bahía Magdalena, one of the whales’ main breeding grounds
- Hike desert islands, sculpted sand dunes and see a variety of wildlife in the Sea of Cortez
- Snorkel with sea lions and search for marine mammals
- Experience the Baja California undersea
- Benefit from our 30+ years of experience and relationships in Baja California to see all you came for and more
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!