Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic introduces new Baja adventures for the holidays-Special offer: Book by July 31, 2014 to receive a $550 air credit
Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic has announced Wild Islands & Treasures of Baja California, a new expedition that balances the Baja peninsula’s twin facets: culture and wildness.— Set aboard the 62-guest National Geographic Sea Bird, Lindblad has planned two 8-day holiday voyages with departures on December 20 and 27, 2014.
The itinerary has been designed for guests to discover the pure wildness of Baja’s desert islands and the living sea, and to delve into the Peninsula’s unique culture and art from ancient times to modern.— Daily activities will cover a range of interests and fitness levels – perfect for explorers of any age – under the guidance of an outstanding expedition team of naturalists, marine biologists, Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructors, and undersea specialists.
Expedition Highlights include:
- Explore pristine desert islands rife with endemic species, rare plants, and towering forests of cacti.
- Stroll the charming seaside town of Todos Santos, a Pueblo Magico, and meet contemporary artists who live and exhibit their work here.
- Search for humpback whales, active off the southern coast of the peninsula.
- Hike a desert arroyo to see ancient art, handprints hidden in a cave for millennia, and feel a connection to the ancients in this high, remote desert.
- Snorkel at Cabo Pulmo, a vibrant reef and model for ocean conservation; and with the sea lions at Los Islotes.
- Kayak, swim, and hike the pristine desert islands of the Sea of Cortez, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
This is the ideal voyage for a shared holiday experience for families to enjoy together and apart.— Organized activities inspire curiosity in kids of all ages and may include hands-on science with a video microscope to view and identify undersea specimens; journal making; scavenger hunts onboard and on excursions; expedition landing craft-driving lessons; photo sessions with the photo instructor; lessons in star gazing; bridge time with the Captain and his crew learning navigation and mapping; kid-friendly menu options, and impromptu pizza movie nights.
Rates begin at $5,690 per person based on double occupancy in a category 1 cabin.— To receive the special $550 airfare credit, guests must book their voyage by July 31, 2014.— The air credit is valid on new bookings only and not combinable with other offers.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!